2 Apr 2008

April Fools?

Wow - was I impressed yesterday when I saw the back of the London Lite newspaper - advertising the Hyde Park Calling concerts in June... and here's why:

Now, while I can't decide which one I wanna go to - Sat 28 June sees Sheryl Crow, Eric Clapton and John Mayer whereas Sun 29 June sees the last ever UK performance of The Police alongside KT Tunstall and Starsailor... And the latest additions are up, none of which particularly swayed me towards either the Sat or Sun - except that I was blown away to see our very own homegrown Arno Carstens on the line up!

Well done indeed! Now I have heard rumours of him coming here - and we know that he will be playing some gigs at some festivals as well as with fellow CT band The Dirty Skirts in May. But wow again, well done Arno! Your name will now be across many papers in the top listing of a super festival.

With temps predicted around 15 degrees this week, it seems all we need is some sunshine to top of the onset of summer!

And as for what is going on back in SA - I am lucky enough to be heading home for a few weeks in mid April where I will be sussing the local scene - and the likes of Mpumi Dhlamini - thanks for the recommendation!

Rock on SA artists in the UK!
x

No comments: