29 Jan 2008

Nearly at the end of Jan already!

I was most excited to see the Hyde Park Calling Festival in yday's Metro... the promise of summer, the hope we have in planning ahead and the joy of anticipation of our fave artists!

And what a cool line-up too. Quite varied and not just the big names of the moment! Saturday 28 June sees Eric Clapton, Sheryl Crow and John Mayer. Fab! Sign me up! Three arists that Ive loved over the years! And I missed John Mayer at the Royal Albert Hall in Sept last year and was most upset. As I was on a plance headed home to SA, I wasnt too upset. But am now thrilled I get a second chance to see him in the UK!!

And then, five months away today on Sunday 29 June - the Sunday of Hyde Park Calling - The Police, KT Tunstall and Starsailor. Again, three bands Ive loved over the years! Especially The Police from an early age and since I missed them at Twickenham last year, what a great opportunity! And I thought they were only reforming the once! Pah!

We're almost spoilt by choice these days, what with reunion tours and regular pond hops for many American musicians!

The only question I have is: which day do I choose to go? Hmmm...

But back to 29 January 2008... and back to the SA music! For today is the birthday of little baby Ben. And who is he you may ask? He is the 1 year old son of Karen Zoid, who once she has celebrated 1st birthdays and no doubt baked a cake or such, will be heading over the UK next week! Her husband is also in the band, so maybe little Ben will be travelling to the UK too! Well, happy birthday Ben!

And ahead of February... check the diary for 7 & 8 Feb for Karen Zoid... and 28 & 29 Feb for Karma! All the K's are coming to the UK!

Rock on birthday Ben!
x

No comments: